09 September 2012

My first attempt at refinishing furniture.

First of all, I can't believe I didn't take a "before" picture! this is why I'm not that great of a tutorial writer. I've got to work on that.

Anyhoo, here it is, my first piece of refinished furniture. The doors open up from the middle.
They are hiding Isabel's crib sheets.


I loved creating that distressed look; it was easier than I thought it would be! We kept the original handles - they were too cute to not keep! 


What do you think?
Trees Hide

3 comments:

  1. Thats so frustrating not getting a before picture. but your furniture looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Rose! next time, there will be before pictures! :) -Shirley

      Delete
  2. That looks great.....did you take the paint all off then start from the bare wood? I have some 'circa 1840' (I think that is the name) It takes the paint off......you can have it as I am done doing that kind of work.... :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!