04 May 2011

Falling Bookshelf and Rooms Rearranged

A bookshelf fell on top of Alexander at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday morning - that certainly woke us up! Miraculously though, it fell through Alexander, if you know what I mean. The shelf doesn't have a back to it, so when it fell, it fell through Alexander playing in the pile of my clothes that he loves to constantly throw off the shelves. One of the shelves landed on his leg, though. Thankfully he was uninjured, merely startled.

The all-wood, three shelves-shelf (wonderfully handcrafted by Jeffery!) is being used to house my sweaters. It was originally made to be used as a bookshelf, and we had used it as a bookshelf in all our homes since we got married until I needed more shelf space for my clothes. Now, I don't have a dresser or anything like that, so don't think I'm one of those women who have boat loads of clothes - I don't. I just needed more shelf space.


Monday was voting day for the federal election. When we got to the place we were designated to vote at, I discovered that Canada has an official party called the "Radical Marijuana" party. HUH??!? What would their platform be? Other than legalizing the growth, possession and distribution of marijuana? I wonder what their plan is to reduce the country's debt, or what their long terms goals are to reduce our country's environmental footprint. . .

Anyhoo.

I moved Alexander's room around back to where it was originally. I don't like having his bed up against the wall (I dislike making beds with access to only one side of them), but it gives him more floor space and there is a decreased chance that he will fall asleep on that huge stuffed dog beside his bed. Saturday and Sunday night (and also previous nights) before I went up to bed, I checked on Alexander to make sure his blankets were on all the way. He wasn't in his bed, he was sleeping on the stuffed dog that is between his bed and the wall. Two nights in a row - I knew I had to change that. So on Monday afternoon I switched everything back to where it all was when Alexander first got his bed.


Just an aside: the tulips that Jeffery got me last week are still alive! I have a completely brown thumb, and I wish it was green, so I'm always surprised when any plant that I'm put in charge of stays alive past the first week.

We're also rearranging the living room. We used to have our coffee table (which also houses all our movies) in the corner of the living room, so the floor is open and there is ample play space for Alexander. But we have a swing, vibrating chair, bumbo and exersaucer for Isabel in the living room, so the only logical place to put the coffee table was back in the middle of the room. But I want to switch it back up. I'm not exactly sure where everything is going to go - we use each of those items for Isabel every day, although she likes the swing the best. I've got to think about it.

Alexander and I both love kissing Isabel's soft, chubby cheeks.

Sunday was a great day for me. After church, Jeffery, Alexander, Isabel and I spent the day together; just the four of us. It was wonderful to spend quality time together. And when Alexander and Isabel had their nap, Jeff and I spent time together, just the two of us. It was the best day I've had in a long time.

When I was at the mom2mom sale on Saturday morning, beside me was a woman named Nancy who crochets baby bibs out of 100% cotton yarn. They are so beautiful! And since Isabel drools almost as much as Alexander did, I decided to get two. We had been using dollar store bibs, which aren't all that great, to be honest. (who would've guessed?) I wish I had gotten more bibs from Nancy. Thankfully, Nancy gave me her card, so I can email her to see where her next show is, so I can get some more! She lives in Hamilton, so I know I won't have to travel too far to see her.

Tuesday evening Jeffery toiled to get the counter top into the closet in the office and it's finally there! YAY!! I've been envisioning this space for so long, it's nice to see it come together. The best part about it is that we didn't have to spend any money to get it done - we used what we had! It's not the most beautiful craft space, I'm sure, but it's SO much bigger than what I had before (a small 5' x 5' table), so it's wonderful seeing all this SPACE!! Pictures will have to wait until Friday. :)


When I tell Alexander that I'm making dinner, most days he goes over to his chair and sits in it until I'm done. He just plays at the table, waiting for me to finish cooking supper. It's a good thing that it doesn't usually take any more than 30 minutes to cook dinner!

Speaking of dinner, last week I made chicken cordon bleu. You can go here for the recipe. As you can see, I've created a second blog for the recipes. This way, if you want to go back to any of the recipes I've already posted about, you can go to this blog and find it! (Not that I'm assuming anyone will want to do that, but it's more convenient for me to find it again!)


Isabel is growing by leaps and bounds. She fits into 6 month clothes now, even though she is only 4 months old! Time is going so quickly! She is also a lot more aware of what is going on around her. The other day I was fooling around with Alexander while Isabel was on my lap. Alexander was laughing while trying to get a block I was swirling around his head so he couldn't get it. All of a sudden, I hear Isabel laugh. She laughed some more when I did it again - it was wonderful to hear!


Isabel is also starting to jump around in the jolly jumper. I put her in it, just to see what her reaction to it would be. Every once in a while she would kick her legs and start jumping. Alexander was thrilled to see her jumping, and he started jumping along side her. It's really too bad that I didn't get a picture of that.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not pregnant. I have been having some strange and vivid dreams lately, and I posted about that on facebook. Suddenly, I started getting messages from people, asking me if I'm pregnant again! I got so many comments to that effect, that I started getting worried. . . so I checked. I'm not pregnant. Just so you all know.

I'm really excited to see what's going to happen this coming week!

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10


-Shirley

1 comment:

  1. A lucky non-break for Alexander! Happy he wasn't injured. Both children are adorable. Great quote from Ephesians.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!