02 March 2012

Family Friday :: Tents and Teeth


We had an eventful week. On Sunday, Alexander learned how fun it is to play under a tent (aunt Anne showed him). Every day since then, he has asked for a tent to play under. And so here is his tent.


Here is the tent from a distance, so you can see the full tent in all its glory.


Isabel has been a bit of a grump, but I'm attributing that to the fact that she just cut two new teeth in two days. She's allowed to be grumpy for that.


There are times when Alexander is sitting on the floor, and Isabel walks up to him, turns around, and plunks herself on his lap. Immediately, Alexander wraps his arms around her and hugs her. This was one of those times. I'm glad I caught it on camera.


Alexander thinks something is really funny... I can't remember what it was... but I love his laugh.


And here is Alexander, assisting me in the March photo-a-day challenge. That day's word was 'up'.


The waiting for the speech therapist will end either the end of March or the beginning of April. Amy said that Alexander has developed by leaps and bounds since she last saw him (last June), so that's good. We do have to work on pronouns (him, he, etc.) and relational words ("the giraffe is beside the dog").

We are also on the waiting list for an occupational therapist, who will come into our home and work with Alexander and us to get him toilet trained. I am sure his JK teacher will appreciate it if she doesn't have to change his diaper during the day.

Anyhoo. That's all.

Trees Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!