19 October 2011

Colds and Constipation

That is what we have been bombarded with this week. Alexander and Isabel's noses have been dripped, and they have both been really phlegmy. Needless to say, we have not gone to school at all this week. I don't wish to have Alexander and Isabel infect other children.


Alexander was fairly content during this bout of cold. Until I tell him 'no' for something. Then he starts whining. He's just a bit more emotional. But other than that, he's okay.


Isabel, on the other hand, was a miserable girl. There was not a single night (except for last night) where she slept all the way through the night. On Sunday night, Jeff was up until around 2:00 a.m. with her. Monday night, I was up with her practically every hour. I was beginning to think that it was not just a cold - I thought perhaps she was teething, and she's sore. Then on Tuesday she started to push. and grunt. and push some more. Yes, dear readers, my daughter was constipated.

*** CAUTION: POOP CONTENT ***

I didn't realize because she usually poops every other day, and she had done a small poop on Sunday, so I didn't think anything of it. But she was in pain. So yesterday morning, I began the process of de-constipation. I fed her prunes, gave her a warm bath, and stuck a suppository up her... you know. Nothing happened until the late afternoon. That's when it all came out. Now she's a happy girl again!

*** END OF POOP CONTENT ***


Saturday was my mom's 50th birthday! So on Sunday, we all gathered at my parents' house after church to celebrate. Jeff stayed at home, since he was up with Isabel the night before. There was strawberry too-tall cake (from M&Ms - a family favourite), and I was in charge of putting the candles on the cake.

An aside: The last time I was put in charge of lighting candles on a cake (other than for my children) was when I was a teenager. I don't remember whose birthday it was for, but I was very excited. I put all the candles on the cake, lit them all, and went to blow out the match, and I blew out half the candles along with it! So I had to light the candles again. I didn't do that this time, thankfully.

But, some of you may know, my mom uses the number candles, not the stick candles, and that sometimes my mom gets our ages wrong, and she doesn't realize until the cake is being brought through the door, and everyone has already started singing. So, to commemorate those memories, I put the numbers 5-0-0 on the cake.


I love it when our family gets together. I know I say that every time we do, but I can't help it! Being away from my family for four years in PEI has made me treasure them that much more! I don't think I will ever take them for granted again.


It's Scott's birthday today! Scott is my brother-in-law, married to my sister Laura (both pictured above). I like Scott. He has a cute nose. and a quick wit. And Laura loves him. All in all, a really great guy.

Isabel fell asleep like this yesterday (picture below). So funny!


Today Jeffery has left for sales training in the states. He will be gone until 2:00 a.m. on Saturday. boo. The house is never so much fun than when Jeff's around. I would love some visits! Come on over! Give me a call or facebook me, so I know to be home (not that I really go anywhere).

Anyhoo, that's all for this week!

Trees Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!