19 December 2012

Handmade Gift Idea :: Caramel Sauce

via

Here is another simple and well received gift that you can make for pretty much anyone. I mean, who doesn't LOOOVE caramel? They would not be invited to my house for Christmas, I'll let you that much! lol  All kidding aside, caramel is a great condiment - over apple crisp, apple pie, ice cream, or like one of my friends, just with a spoon!



INGREDIENTS:
1 cup light corn syrup
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup whipping (heavy) cream

DIRECTIONS:
1. In 2-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, brown sugar and butter to boiling over low heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. Stir in whipping cream; heat to boiling. Cool about 30 minutes. Serve warm. Store covered in refrigerator up to 2 months. Reheat slightly before serving if desired.


Trees Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!